1.25.2011

You're welcome, NFL. Regards, U.S. Soccer

As I have sat through the NFL playoffs, I have enjoyed one thing just a little bit more than most other fans.  That one thing has been the Super Bowl commericals showing fan reactions to pivotal plays from the last two Super Bowls.  Why do I enjoy it so much?  It's because the first time I saw one of the commercials I was instantly reminded of Landon Donovan.  Why do you ask?  Oh...because of this little diddy:

The World's Reaction to Landon Donovan's Goal

The Donovan World Cup compliation was put together shortly after that unforgettable Algeria match and now has over 3 million views.  The fact that the NFL may or may not have copied that format is really of no consequence.  However, it urges me to go back and view the Donovan clip and enjoy it all over again.  And if the NFL really did plagarize a bit, it's quite flattering isn't it? 

Go...go...USA. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment