2.11.2010

Amerikafest delayed...but fear not!

This weekend I am being afforded the opportunity to reunite with some old buddies in an event we have dubbed “Amerikafest” (it’s reunion of former Army officers during President’s Day weekend).  It was supposed to start this afternoon with my buddy from Philadelphia flying into town.  However, due to the east coast’s SNOWMAGEDDON, his flight was cancelled and we have been delayed about 24 hours.
So, what is a guy to do?  Well ladies and gentlemen, I am taking this lemon and turning it into some sweet, spiked lemonade.  Here is my list of things that are going to more than make up for this unforeseen circumstance:

- I get to go out to dinner with my beautiful girlfriend tonight.
- I woke up in an unusually good mood.
- The Puma Hard Chorus.
- I only have to work a few hours today.
- Thanks to a recently announced friendly, I get to see the Sounders play two weeks earlier than previously thought- against Portland nonetheless!
- Taking solace in the fact that I am not a star Olympic athlete that due to a recent injury may have my dream of winning gold completely crushed.
- Oh, and I get to go out to on a dinner date tonight with my beautiful girlfriend tonight.

It’s going to be a great weekend. Happy Amerikafest everyone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One other quick note: Did anyone else see Everton beat EPL table toppers, Chelsea yesterday?  Well, I didn't either, but I read about it.  I guess the fact that the USMNT's two best players, Tim Howard and Landon Donovan shined during the win adds even more intrigue to the USA-England clash in each team's World Cup opener on June 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment