2.04.2010

Doppelganger Week?

Has anyone ever heard of or used whisky rocks? You should and, if you like whisky, you should.

So the past couple weeks, many of you Facebook users may have noticed status messages referring to "doppelganger week". Apparently, everyone on facepage were posting pictures of celebrities that they resembled. Shortly thereafter, many of my friends and family were posting pictures that ranged from Alan from The Hangover to Jesus Christ himself.

Not being one wanting to feel left out, I started pondering, "What celebrity is my doppelganger?" I was seriously having a hard time with the question. In the past, I have been likened to Clark Kent (vague comic reference- not to any particular actor) and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead), but I never really necessarily agreed with either of those assessments. The Clark Kent reference was back before my laser eye surgery and Simon Pegg has reddish hair- something that I don't believe I have.

I was stuck. What does one do when they're stuck in this day and age? I went to Google. I searched "celebrity look alike generator". The website that I selected (for soon to be obvious reasons) will remain nameless. It asked me to upload a "good picture that focuses on the face". So I uploaded the one that is on my blog profile and clicked enter. The "face recognition tool" then TOOK OVER. It showed this impressive animated image of a mannequin head being scanned by some kind of X-ray.

Within seconds, it was ready! I could hardly contain myself. I was finally about to find out who my doppelganger was and soon I would be able to join the fun on facepage! Then...this picture showed up:

Its Sally Fields everybody!

Really!??!?! I look like the mother from "Brothers and Sisters"? C'MON! Needless to say, I didn't post my doppelganger picture. And please do not get me wrong, I have nothing against Ms. Fields. I am sure she is a lovely person. I just do not see the resemblance.

No comments:

Post a Comment