8.27.2010

2010 NFL Predictions

I just like this picture.  Now onto my predictions...
-------------------------------------------------------------
Even though soccer is #1 in my favorite sports rankings, I still love me some pigskin. More specifically, I still love me some Cleveland Browns. I am pretty darn optimistic about how the “Holmgren Era” has started and what it may mean for the Dawg Pound faithful in the near-ish future. Hopefully that walrus-mustached genius will help the Browns cancel out the following little factoid: The only statistic that the Browns have led the NFL since rejoining the league in 1999 has been #1 draft pick flops (see: Couch, Tim; Brown, Courtney; Warren, Gerrard; Quinn, Brady; etc…). But, I digress…


We’re only approaching the third week of the preseason and there are many injuries that could still occur, but I say- why wait? It’s not like prognostications work out very often anyway, right? So without much further ado, I give you my 2010 NFL predictions (ode to Late Night with Conan O’Brien).

In the year two thousaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd and ten….
- T.O. and Ochocinco will have over 1000 receiving yards…apiece.

In the year two thousaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd and ten….
- Commissioner Roger Goodell will (hopefully) realize that the 18 game schedule he and the owners are planning is a HORRIBLE IDEA FOR THE GAME.

In the year two thousaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd and ten….
- Tony Romo will strike up a heated romance with Snooki. They both will make an appearance at Super Bowl XLV in Cowboys Stadium…as spectators.

In the year two thousaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd and ten….
- Jay Cutler will improve upon his 26 interception total from 2009, but regardless the Bears will finish last in the NFC North.

In the year two thousaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd and ten….
- Redskins DT, Albert Haynesworth will finish the season on the IR due to exhaustion from getting run too much by his coach, Mike Shanahan.

In the year two thousaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd and ten….
- The Jets will gradually implode throughout the season (causing multiple outbursts from head coach, Rex Ryan), but edge out the Ravens for the final AFC playoff spot.

And finally, in the year two thousaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddddd and ten….

- My predicted order of finish (* denotes playoff team):

AFC East- Patriots*, Jets*, Dolphins, Bills
AFC North- Bengals*, Ravens, Steelers, Browns
AFC South- Colts*, Texans*, Titans, Jaguars
AFC West- Chargers*, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs
AFC Champion- Colts

NFC East- Cowboys*, Redskins, Giants, Eagles
NFC North- Packers*, Vikings*, Lions, Bears
NFC South- Saints*, Falcons*, Panthers, Tampa Bay
NFC West- 49ers*, Cardinals, Seahawks, Rams
NFC Champion- Packers

SUPER BOWL XLV- Colts 31, Packers 27

What do you think? How crazy am I? Does anyone actually read this blog? Why did I not mention Brett “Will he or won’t he” Favre in this preview? Oh- that’s because I’m over that flip flopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment